www.bepositivejournal.com.com is owned by and operated by Be Positive Journal UK Ltd (“Be Positive Journal”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
1. How will my personal information be collected?
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Use bepositivejournal.com (the “website”)
- Purchase our Journals
2. What personal information may be collected?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, we may also collect:
- Details of transactions or orders you make with bepositivejournal.com
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products
- Details of your visits to our website
- Details of when you contact bepositivejournal.com by email, post, social media or telephone (please note that we may keep a record of this correspondence)
- Any other information from which we can identify you, or which is available on public registers
With your permission, we retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, post, phone and/or through other digital means (including social media) about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by bepositivejournal.com
We may also use your information to:
- Maintain and update your account
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by bepositivejournal.com
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer
3. Where and how will my information be shared?
We do not sell any of your personal data to third parties. However, whilst providing our services to you, we share your data with the following categories of companies:
- Companies involved with the payment and logistics of your purchase, such as payment service providers (e.g. Stripe), our warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as website hosts and marketing agencies
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, in an effort to prevent fraud
- Third party sites approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
4. How long will my personal information be kept for?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Please note that different retention periods apply for different types of data. Once data reaches its disposal date it will be deleted from our systems, physically destroyed or put beyond use if not permanently deleted.
5. What rights do I have relating to my personal information?
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request a change to the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it
- Unsubscribe from marketing communications
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
6. How can I unsubscribe and/or request a change to my personal information?
You may request to unsubscribe from our communications or have your details changed or deleted by contacting our customer service team directly via email@example.com.
You may also unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email. Please also note that while your request is being processed, for a brief period you may continue to receive communications which are already on their way to you.
Our store is hosted on GoDaddy. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through GoDaddy’s data storage, databases and the general GoDaddy application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Stripe stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
8. Our ‘share’ tools
Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don’t control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us: